Thursday, January 14, 2010

Student in the Spotlight: Your PCA Christine

My name is Christine Gebbia. I am a junior at CU majoring in Psychology and Communication. I have been given the opportunity to intern for Northwestern Mutual-Denver as their Recruiting Assistant. Since I am a Peer Career Advisor at Career Services, I know how important internships are once you graduate, so I decided to attend the Spring Career and Internship Fair in 2009 to try and land an internship. Prior to dressing in business attire and heading into the fair, I researched the companies attending the fair.

Once I chose a few I found interesting, I formatted a “career script” to present myself and two types of resumes- a general resume and resumes specific to internships and companies I found on Career Services Online.

Once printing my name tag (they print one by scanning your Buff Card if you have an account on CSO), I headed over to the few booths I researched. One of the tables was Northwestern Mutual-Denver. Emily Faust was the recruiter at their table, so I went up to her and introduced myself using my career fair script. This is how our conversation went: (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment