Are you looking for an internship or job and are starting to freak out a little since summer is right around the corner? Have no fear....the Just In Time Fair is here! Okay that was cheesy, but seriously if you are in need of an internship or job come to the JIT Fair this Thursday. The fair is in the UMC from 9:00am-3:00pm and ALL employers attending are hiring.
Here are 5 things to do show up prepared for this fair:
1. Look at the list of employers attending before hand and decide which companies you want to speak with. Click here to see who will be attending the fair and their job categories.
2. Research the companies attending and show up with well thought out questions for the recruiters. It will show that you are serious about working for their company and have done your homework.
3. Step up your professional wardrobe. We have received feedback from employers that students dress too casual at career fairs. Always err on the side of overdressing than underdressing. You’ll make a much better impression this way.
4. Make sure your resume is up to date. Bring copies with you and be able to discuss your previous work experience in detail. Career Services has drop-ins this week from 1:30-4:00pm where you can get a quick 15-minute review of your resume. Come by our office in C4C, N352.
5. Be open to exploring all your options. There are many opportunities in industries that you might not have considered, so be open-minded.
Being prepared for the Just In Time Fair will set you apart from competitors. If you really want a job or internship then show up with confidence ready to make a good impression! Let us know how the career fair went for you by tweeting @CUCareerServ or posting on our CU Career Services Facebook wall. Best of luck in your job and internship search!