- “LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional networking on the Internet with more than 90 million members in over 200 countries and territories.”
- There were nearly two billion people searches on LinkedIn in 2010
- As of January 2011, LinkedIn counts executives from all Fortune 500 Companies as members. Its hiring solutions were used by 69 of the Fortune 100 companies at the end of 2010.”
- “It’s no longer enough to simply have a solid resume. Students now need a professional online presence.” (Holly Paul – US Recruiting Leader for Pricewaterhouse Coopers.)
- Recruiters are using Google to search for you… Both positive and negative online presence is taken into account during job recruitment
Check out this FREE workshop designed to help you navigate the world of social media and use to your advantage during your job search! All majors and years are welcome to attend!
Linkin’ It Up: How to Market Yourself through Social Networking
Thurs, March 31, 6:30-8pm, C4C, S350, FREE!
In light of our ever-changing technological society, the Peer Career Advisors will facilitate an innovative workshop to share resources and opportunities to market yourself using social media. The workshop will focus on the primary social media tools and how to incorporate a professional edge when using these sites.
The first half of the workshop will review best practices for Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and personal/professional websites to further your knowledge on the sites and how to use them to attract employers. The second half of the program will focus on LinkedIn with a demonstration and thorough review of the website and its benefits for students. LinkedIn is a primary professional networking site and is extremely useful and easy to use. Linkin’ it up is a great way to keep up with new digital media and learn how to adequately market yourself in a professional manner! Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops to follow along for a hands-on learning experience.