Technology is the way of the future. Digital is an ever changing and growing field. If you want to get into digital in some way but aren’t exactly sure what you want to do, check out the 10 job descriptions listed below. According to the Onward Search Salary Guide for “The 10 Hottest Digital Creative Jobs”, the following jobs are the most requested from professionals from Onwards’s nationwide base of clients.
1. Web Developer- A programmer that specializes in the development of World Wide Web applications, or distributed network applications that are run over HTTP from a web server to a web browser.
2. Web Designer –Uses markup language or web design software and website coding to control the aura and look of a website.
3. Information Architect – Person in charge of the structural design of shared information environments; the art and science of organizing and labeling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability and find-ability; and an emerging community of practice focused on bringing principles of design and architecture to the digital landscape.
4. UX Designer- In charge of shaping the user experience (abbreviated as UX). UX is how a person feels when interfacing with a system. This includes websites, web applications and desktop software and, in modern contexts, is generally denoted by some any form of human-computer interaction (HCI).
5. Interactive Designer-Main focus is on behavior. Goal is to help design digital things such as products, systems, environments, and services for people’s optimal use.
6. Front End Developer- Person in charge of gaining initial user interest. Job is to make the user understand and care. Seek to make clear, easy, fast pages and interfaces and reveal implicit or explicit interconnection to site.
7. Digital Project Manager-Oversees all aspects of a digital project. Leads the creative concept and technical development of new media advertising products, such as electronic commerce (eCommerce) and promotional websites, e-mail newsletter marketing, rich media, banner advertisements, mobility platforms like phone apps, motion graphics, widgets and social media applications.
8. Art Director- Supervises and makes the vision cohesive. In charge of the overall visual appearance and how it communicates visually, stimulates moods, contrasts features, and psychologically appeals to a target audience.
9. Copywriter- Person who writes copy (text) for the purpose of persuasion in advertising or marketing.
10. Graphic Designer-Uses various methods to create and combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages. Utilizes a combination of typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to produce a final result.
Click here to see a list of the top 20 job markets for each of these jobs and the average salaries.
Hat tip: Onward Search, Web Developer, Web Design, Information Architect, UX Designer, Interactive Designer, Front End Developer, Digital Project Manager, Art Director , Copywriter, Graphic Designer